City of Refuge is a non-profit organization with the vision of serving the needs of adults and children in the southwest region of Ohio and Southeast corner of Indiana. We want to offer hope, healing and restoration to individuals, families and friends of people that are trapped in drug and alcohol addiction, thoughts of suicide and depression, abusive relationships, etc. Since opening in September 2011, we have partnered with many local businesses and churches. We have kept the funding and helps local so as to continue to serve our communities within a 25 mile radius that are radically effected by the use of drugs.
Programs we currently offer:
- Recovery classes for adults and teens
- Resources and financial assistance
- Food pantry open to the public
- A Women’s second step home (live in facility)
Our hope in the near future is to add:
- A licensed counselor/therapist
- Additional day and evening recovery meetings
- After school programs within the local school districts
- Safe home for men coming out of addiction
- A detox treatment center
We are hosting our 4th annual Fall Gala Fundraiser on Friday, September 11, 2015. “A Year of Strengthening” is the theme for this year’s Fall Gala with 100% of the proceeds of our fundraiser dedicated to opening a home for men, support for those serious about recovery and a Detox Center. We already have many steps in place and lots of people stepping up to the plate to help, but a large part of our need is financing.